We are a Ministry Safe Congregation!
What is MinistrySafe?
MinistrySafe is the official abuse prevention system for all churches in the Central Texas Conference (CTC). Adopted by the 2014 Central Texas Annual Conference as the conference’s required abuse prevention system, MinistrySafe provides churches a comprehensive system of resources to assist in the design and implementation of safety systems, which reduce the risk of sexual abuse of children, youth and vulnerable adults. The MinistrySafe system includes these foundational components:
- A MinistrySafe policy in each congregation;
- Volunteer/staff screening, including an application, interview and reference check;
- Appropriate criminal background check for volunteers/staff;
- Online training for volunteers/staff;
- A unique control panel for each church to assist in record keeping during each part of the process, and automatic renewal of training;
- Monitoring tools for periodic review of the system.